Yes, I did. Thank you.
Did not know it was a puppy mill… Really appreciate your contribution!
For those who still don’t know Lentil, or how we call him - the Bean. Cleft palate pup, who charms everyone around the world. You should check his story out!
Definitely. Some of them adopt only in certain States, but the biggest two have foster dogs all over US. Most will still charge a fee of $500 - $600 for a healthy young dog, but at least you know this money is going towards vet bills of those frenchies that come to them in less lucky conditions.
1) www.frenchbulldogrescue.org French Bulldog Rescue Network.
2) http://frenchbulldogvillage.net/ French Bulldog Village
3) http://www.snortrescue.org/ - rescue based in the Northeast. They rescue, rehabilitate, and place brachycephalic or “short-nosed” dogs into loving forever homes.
4) http://www.shortmugsrescuesquad.org/ - based out of the Houston area, but they rescue across the entire state of Texas along with Oklahoma and Louisiana.
5) http://www.frenchieporvous.org/ - rescue based in Chicago. I don’t really know much about this one, unfortunatelly…
Hope this information helps!
Adoption is great option, but it might take a while. Our followers with significant breed experience and seemingly perfect living contitions got rejected as potential forever families sometimes. It takes time and some luck, I believe.
Maybe meanwhile you can check local shelters as well… Also, please do not fall for craigslist ads when they sell frenchies for cheap. Better report it to a rescue, if you see one. No need to say - the dog can be either stolen, or sick and in need of medical attention.
We wish you the best of luck!
This guy is trying to eat a Pupcake.The cupcake place is also donating part of the sales on National Pet Day to local shelters.
Since Dailyfrenchie is following most of the frenchie rescues, we learned about Lentil from the day one his foster mom got him. We posted shortly, hopefully bringing some fresh members to his army of fans.
If you feel like it is needed to cover Lentil’s story again, we can gladly write an update on him.
Be a doll and get me a martini please. #ilovelounging
Dutch is ready to conquer the day… NOT!